Introduction to High Performance Computing at Langone Medical Center
The workshop will present the participants with an opportunity to familiarize themselves with high-performance computing (HPC) resources at NYU Langone Medical Center. HPC allows for solving computational problems which fall beyond the capability of a regular laptop or desktop computer. The Langone MCIT HPC staff will describe our local HPC infrastructure and will conduct hands-on exercises with the participants with the goal of providing them with enough knowledge to be able to run simple high-throughput and parallel jobs. Among the topics covered in this boot camp are:
- Logging in and out of the HPC environment
- Brief introduction to Linux operating system. Note – prior experience with Linux and/or refreshment of Linux skills prior to the workshop is recommended but not required.
- MODULE system for setting up HPC application environment
- Introduction to Message Passing Interface (MPI) programing model (optional, if time allows)
- Compilation and linking
- Job scheduling and scheduler commands
All participants are expected to use Mac laptops provided by the organizers. If you are not familiar with Mac OS, don’t’ worry – we will help.
All participants will be provided with training accounts which will be kept active for 2 weeks after the workshop. Participants who wish to continue utilizing Langone HPC resources will be able to apply for regular HPC accounts after the training accounts expire.
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Lapidus Library Classroom
- Data Day to Day