Introduction to R
This introduces the basics of R using R Studio, a user-friendly interface. The class assumes no previous programming background, and cover the following topics:
- Key terminology and concepts
- Troubleshooting and getting help
- Essentials of data processing
- Basics of plotting
- Writing scripts
This class will be hands on, so if you are bringing your own laptop to use, you must have R and R Studio installed. Instructions for installing are as follows:
1. Go to https://cran.r-project.org/ and download R for your operating system.
2. Follow the instructions to install R.
3. Go to https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/ and download the RStudio Desktop installer for your operating system.
4. Follow the instructions to install RStudio. You must install R before you install RStudio.
- Monday, October 23, 2017
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Lapidus Library Classroom