Introduction to GIS: Working with Spatial Data with Python Online
This 90-minute workshop will introduce participants to basic GIS functions and working with spatial data in Python.
Participants will learn:
- What is GIS?
- What is a Spatial or Coordinate Reference System?
- What is spatial data? Explanation of common formats
- What is geocoding?
- How to perform an attribute join between spatial data and tabular data
- How to perform a spatial join between points and polygons
- How to create a choropleth map
No prior experience is necessary. Participants without Python coding experience can learn spatial data concepts, while gaining exposure to Python. Participants with prior knowledge of Python can have hands-on participatory experience.
Before the workshop, please add CoLab to your Google Drive. (A Google account is required)
After registering, you will receive a Zoom confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please add this event to your calendar, a separate email will not be sent.
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event.
- Event URL: