R & COVID-19 Data: Data Cleaning, Normalization, Visualization and Basic Analysis
To attend you must be an NYU Langone Employee and registers for a Zoom link at https://nyu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUucu6spjwoHNwTDDWQNTqh_ooeO84m0i_R
This is a 120 minute session using the COVID-19 de-identified EHR dataset and you will need access to the dataset to attend. Request data access by filling out the Dataset Use Agreement (DUA) here: https://hit.nyumc.org/COVIDDeID/. You must be on the network to access the DUA, and please allow at least one week for the DUA to be processed.
This workshop builds on the previous session will cover the key skills of R using R Studio. The class assumes a basic understanding of the R environment and syntax, and cover the following topics:
- Data Cleaning: Checking and changing data types
- Creating Variables
- Basics of plotting
- Building frequency tables
- Basics of hypotehsis testing
This class will be hands on, so if you are bringing your own laptop to use, you must have R and R Studio installed. Instructions for installing are as follows:
1. Go to https://cran.r-project.org/ and download R for your operating system.
2. Follow the instructions to install R.
3. Go to https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/ and download the RStudio Desktop installer for your operating system.
4. Follow the instructions to install RStudio. You must install R before you install RStudio.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)